Friday, November 11, 2005

A Winner!!! and more Stuff

And the Winner is.......
Adrienne from the Bellybutton of California is the winner. She guessed!

But she didn't leave me with any kind of contact information. Please email with your address so I can send you a prize. Hey, this was my first contest it's my right to send out a prize!!

Also, for your amusement is another ornament I did using perl cotton in a deep maroon color. This one I'll keep for myself!

In other news and such, DH (by the way, have I mentioned he works in Special Orders at the Borders?) brought home a new knit book for me to review. It's called Handknit Holidays by the ever fabulous Melanie Falick. Beautiful photographs and a couple really neat projects that may just jump into my knitting bag. This book features designs by 30 great designers with items for home decor; keeping bodies warm; and more.

Log Cabin Socks by Anne Woodbury

This sock pattern is one that is just trying very hard to jump on the kneedles! And I just happen to have a couple hanks of Sophia to do them for a certain lil Miss for the Holidays. And possibly a pair using the wonderful llama I received as a gift this pair would indeed be for me.

If you happen to see it on your local bookshelf, it's definately worth a look -- if only for the beautiful photography!

This is a hank of some totally wonderful sock yarn that a friend of mine turned me onto (Happy Birthday, Lola and thanks very much for the tip on the yarn!!) This is 325 yards of Socks that Rock! by Blue Moon Fiber Arts. This colorway is called Stonewash -- sort of a washed out denium. I haven't decided what to do with it yet. I am taking it to work with me to show the shop owner cause I think it would make a wonderful addition to our yarn offerings.

You can check out the colorways this yarn comes in at their website. Then run don't walk to your nearest to order up a hank or three.

No affaliation yada yada yada!

Nothing else today folks. I'm still plugging away on the Kristi Mittens, the silk/wool wrap, Irish Hiking Scarf, the second of a pair of handwarmers and writing up some patterns. Too much fun and not enough time.

Back to the kneedles! And have a Great Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully next time I'm down at the yarn store, there will be quite a few colors to select from . . .