Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The Hint



Okay for those of you trying to figure out what the lace from yesterday's entry is for. Here's a hint. This hint took lots of thought because you see, if I'm not careful I could just give it all away.

As you can see, it's a Christmas Stocking. In fact it is the prototype of two stockings knit recently on a consignment. This one was knit quite a while ago, then I found out that the yarn used (Lion Brand Cotton-Ease) was discontinued. So the ones knit for delivery were done in Lion Brand Kitchen Cotton. Not something I will ever do again as the cotton really gave my CTS a run for the pain meds!

What you're not seeing is on the other side of the stocking is the start of "Merry Xmas". Yes, Xmas. However, it's being taken out and will be filled and sent to someone in need for the Holidays. Got anyone in the need? Let me know I have a stocking longing to to be filled.

Also on the stocking is a glass ornament ball this is 83mm. With a gold cap. So, now guess away!

Tomorrow, the completed project.

Now. On to the knitting. Here's the once giant mittens now felted down to a more human size. They'll go to work with me this weekend to be paired up with some lovely Alpaca Silk or Alpaca Cotton or possibly even 100% Alpaca which will be knit into cuffs.

Last night was a time for small projects. I completed 2 Sea Treasures, and a wire sweater. These are destined for an Art Show/Sale in B'more starting in December. I have 7 items ready. Guess I'd best get those kneedles clicking. I think I'll do some little treasure bags for this event as well. When I find out more I'll let you know (of course!)

If you happen to be tooling around the Crownsville/Annapolis area this weekend, there's a fun craft show at the Baldwin Hall in Millersville (just off of I97.) There's even a bit of locks available for those wanting to knit those lovely thrummed mittens/gloves/socks. Oh, and yes the locks are clean and from Maryland.

Nuff said! Get back to yer knittin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are obviously using the lace to decorate the glass ornament!!!!!
for a tree decoration

adrienne in the bellybutton of california