Monday, November 28, 2005

Puttin' on the Mitts

So things have really been flying around here this weekend! Saturday I worked (this is a relative term as I work in a wonderful little yarn shop in Fells Point) and we had a great group of people in for Morning Coffee. Then the yarn just sorta started flying off the shelves. A lot of lucky people out there are getting some pretty wonderful scarves, caps, gloves, ponchos, and of course mittens for Christmas.

Here on the Severn, things have been flying off the needles. Here's a hat and fingerless mitt set I whipped for a special person in the family. I hope she likes them and puts them to good use.

Actually I love knitting for the person these are intended for as she's always a grateful receipent and really does wear what I make. And I even get hugs in return!

Here's a little better pic of the mitts. I used chunky yarns (both yarns are Lion Brand, one is

Wool Ease Chunky, the other is Boucle) so they would knit up nice and quick and these will be easy care. The Boucle was fun to work with, it had lots of shine and the colors are very vibrant.

So today I start the Super Secret Projects that will go under our tree here. And sorry I can't tell you right now cause there are those that read this blog who will be getting the goods.

ps. No, my fingers aren't magical. The flash just made them glow like that. Pretty eerie huh!

No comments: