Monday, November 07, 2005

New MItts on the Kneedles



Here's a pic of things to come. The book is Folk Knitting in Estonia which is truly a wonderful book! And Nancy Bush is great writer and teacher. Stay tuned to this station, looks like she'll be making an appearance in the Baltimore area in May for a Sock Class!! Too fabulous fer sure!!

The yarn I'm using is Jamieson's 2 ply Shetland Spindrift the colors are called Midnight (beautiful deep tweedy blue) and Sunrise (shades of reds and maroon also tweedy) and they are being knit on size 0 kneedles. I don't work on these at night. There's just no way I can see what I'm doing so these are knit only during the day. Sorry that the color isn't coming thru, Myla is at school and she seems to be the only one who actually understands my camera.

I'm also already planning another pair from the same book -- same gauge too! The construction of these mittens is just too intriguing!

Okay, get those kneedles a clickin'!!

Oh, one more thing -- not knit related but important all the same. A Woman's Journey presented by Johns Hopkins every year is this weekend in Baltimore. This is a wonderful conference and very insightful. To learn more and sign up go to A Woman's Journey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, fabulous indeed! Be sure to remind me about this when you find out what the date is.