Sunday, June 11, 2006

Speaking of High School......



This weekend was graduation ceremony of Old Mill High School. The Fighting Patriots. The Red, White and Blue. And my son, Nik; my cousin, Chris; and their buddy, Casey. The Three Muskateers have made it through high school and even with all their differences are still fast friends. Somewhere in this vast sea of blue gowns and caps are the boys. The white side are the grrls. This graduation has struck me in a weird way and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Seems like not that long ago we were reading R.L.Stein books and making paper mache dinosaurs.



Here's a rare photo I'm hugging my boy! and he's letting me and even rarer a photo of me. ugh!

So, do you remember me mentioning that my puppy kat, Roscoe made it with the neighbor's kitty, Katrina and is now the father of really really beautiful 3 little boy kitties? Here's a pic of them with their mommy. I got to see and hold them and play with them for the first time today. I'm in kitty love!!





And because it is June and the Spectrum project color for June is blue, here's a little beauty for you..... now back to those kneedles and I'll have some knit content for later this week and some more kitty pictures to show off to you too. Really. Now go on.

3 comments:

Dani In NC said...

It was graduation weekend here, too, and my gal pal at work is taking it HARD. She and her daughter had sort of a Gilmore Girls relationship (despite the fact that she is married and also has a younger son) so she feels like she is losing her best friend. I don't think I will be like her when M graduates, but I think it's pretty normal to feel at least a little weird.

Gewel said...

Way to go Nik! I love that picture of you guys.

And the kittens are beautiful. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! So what is he going to be doing come fall?