Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Nothing Says Hell Like High School

Got hooked up to this one from Cara. Sorry, I don't have a pic to post. I'll ask my mom but don't go holding your breath. LOL!!!!


Fill in the blanks about your senior year. The longer ago it was the better.

1. Who was your best friend? Mary Ball and Julie Rausch in Germany and Mary Barber and Denise Horn in Texas

2. What sports did you play? Cross Country, track, basketball, softball, gymnastics

3. What kind of car did you drive? I didn't get to drive until the very latter part of my Senior year. It was a family car -- AMC Hornet. I totally believe that if anyone went to the car graveyard put key in the ignition it would still run today!

4. It's Friday night, where were you at? Football game, baseball game. Or sitting on a roof watching movies. There was a drive-in not far from my house. The houses were being built but gave the best view. Church's Fried Chicken, 6-pack of Coke, Lays potato chips, and chocolate chip cookies! Those were good times.

5. Were you a party animal? No.

6. Were you considered a flirt? Not really, I was more of a prankster. Filled the Capt of the Football Teams little VW with Rice Krispies. He left his sunroof open and it just seemed like a fun thing to do!

7. Ever skip school? Yes, but I had to call my mom to warn her first.

8. Ever smoke? Yes.

9. Were you a nerd? No, I was a jock and an artist.

10. Did you get suspended/expelled? No.

11. Can you sing the Alma Mater? Can't really sing at all!

12. Who was your favorite teacher? Mr. Reilly, he was also the CC and Track coach. Looked like a lepracun. Miss McKee, English and English Lit. She made writing papers interesting and loved lemon drops.

13. Favorite class? English first, and Humanities.

14. What was your school's full name? Austin High School. If you're ever in El Paso you can see a giant "A" on the mountain. We used to carry bell jars up the mountain with oil and light them for home games. Quite a sight to see.

15. School mascot? Panther

16. Did you go to Prom? Yes I went to my junior and senior proms. Didn't have a date for the Senior Prom until 2 days before. And then I even made my dress.

17. If you could go back and do it over, would you? NO!

18. What do you remember most about graduation? When the ceremony was over and everyone was tossing their hats in the air I remember seeing my dad's face way up in the seats. He shook his head and I kept my hat in my hand.

19. Favorite memory of your senior year? Our class trip was to DisneyLand in California. I was terrified of falling asleep on the bus and stayed awake the whole drive there and back....but fell asleep on the "Small World" ride.

20. Were you ever posted up on the senior wall? huh?

21. Did you have a job your senior year? Just babysitting and lawn work.

22. Who did you date? Didn't.

23. Where did you go most often for lunch? My senior year I hung out in the Art Room. I always had a project going on, or was helping out someone else with theirs. Unless it was track season, then you could find me on the track running laps.

24. Have you gained weight since then? Yes.

25. What did you do after graduation? I was a cook at the Golf Club on the base. I had the dinner and early morning shifts to pay for college. Then I was transferred to waitress at the NCO Club.

26. When did you graduate? 1979.

No comments: