Friday, June 23, 2006

Not much knitting


but lots of gardening! Here's the start of the second planting of green beans. I love how you can practically watch them grow from day to day! I share a garden with two other families too. Makes gardening so much more fun. Like knitting, I enjoy the zen of weeding and transplanting and watching things grow. Here's the first planting of the green beans. I love fresh green beans! And hopefully I'll be able to freeze some for this winter.



Here's the tomatoes that I didn't start, they just volunteered. All of them. Really. And they're doing fine even. My aunt planted hot peppers so we should have plenty of tomatoes for salsa!



This is the herb garden. There's lots of lemon thyme, two rosemary, oregano, Mother of Thyme (no I don't know why it's called that, I just like it), and there are two types of basil. Mixed in with the oregano are more volunteer tomatoes. I left them there cause it just seemed natural.



The brilliant green in front of the herbs are the 4 O'clocks. It's too early in the day to give you a photo of them but when they bloom it's quite the sight to see. I was told that people walk down our street in the evenings to see them. What a nice pat on the back!

By the way, if any of you want your own 4 O'clocks send me your address. When they go to seed later in September I'll send you some. But beware, even so they are annuals they re-seed themselves all over the lawn! I get to spend hours during the summer moving them back to the flower beds. And they seem to double every year!

Well, back to the needles. Later!

No comments: