Wednesday, April 13, 2005

5 Questions for Me

What a great "brain charger"!

1. If you and Thee Wyldman could take off today, go anywhere, spend as much as you needed to and stay as long as you want, where would you take him, on this mother/son adventure? Where would HE want to go?

With as beautiful as the weather has been lately, we would take the Metro into Washington DC to visit some of the museums. We haven't been to the new one yet: National Museum of the American Indian and we both love going to the National Air & Space Museum too. He would want to go to the Zoo. Watching the new cheetah cubs is really fun!

2. As a fiber artist, where do you want to be in five years? In ten years?

hmmm, good one! I'm not sure about 5 years, but possibly in 10 years certainly to have published a good teaching book and run a yarn shop. Though maybe not be the owner of the shop.

3. What was your most embarrassing highschool moment? Were you a nerd, a jock, a cheerleader... ?

YIKES! I was such a jock and a total prankster. Most embarrassing is an odd one for me though was probably as equally embarrassing for the kid playing the prank on me. I used to keep a Q-Tip box in my locker with tampons in it. All my girl friends knew of the box and my locker combination. Well, this one boy got a hold of my box thinking it was a hidden stash of candy (which I kept in a tampon box in the back of the locker and no one knew of it.) and went into class waving the box loudly proclaiming his treasure. ONLY when he opened it and found the real treasure -- well. The English teacher was not amused and we were both sent to the guidance counselor.

4. Write the opening paragraph to your autobiography. (5 line minimum. Be creative.) Tough question G1! I can't even seem to write the opening to my website (sorry Max - my very patient webmaster.) Lets see - this probably would get changed a few dozen times:

I started off knitting when I was 8. Not that I knew what knitting was, it was mostly a means of getting my two younger brothers to bed and allowing me to stay up late. Though once I started knitting there was no stopping me. I have 4 really great kids and a wonderful husband who are all very understanding of my compulsive need to buy yarn for no apparent reason other then it was on sale or the color was to die for. They become very concerned when I'm without something to knit thinking that I must be ill. I'm a motor mouth and can talk knits and purls for hours and love a knitting challenge. I've knit now most of my life and have been teaching almost as long.

5. Koigu or Kureyon? And why? Kureyon certainly! I just find that I can do more with kureyon and I so love the colors. Every year there seems to be new colorways.

6. Bonus Question: What's your favorite scary movie? Has to be Silence of the Lambs. After renting and borrowing it some 8 - 10 times I still can't make it through the whole movie. Absolutely scares the jeebies outta me!

Once again, here are the rules:
1. Leave me a comment saying “interview me.”
2. I will respond by asking you five questions here. They will be different questions than the ones below.
3. You will update YOUR blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

1 comment:

Gewel said...

I love SIlence of the Lambs. We have a woman here named Clarice, and I just like to randomly walk by and say, "Are the lambs still screaming, Clarice?" she's like 75, and doesn't get it. But it amuses me. LOL. very cool, g.2!