Friday, February 11, 2005

Temporary Site

Hi All,I've been having problems with host of my blog site - not Lola, she's wonderful it's the carrier - and so have moved my blog to here temporarily. The main reason for moving the blog is I'm a Secret Pal and have a Secret Pal that I really need to "crow" about! She's the most wonderfulist Pal a gal could ever ever ask for. You see right after finding that there would not be any blogging for the day, I received a certificate in my email from my SP4! It's to the Adiago Tea Company. I love tea but don't recall ever hearing about this company. I'm having a really hard time deciding what to pick. I think I'm leaning toward an Oolong combo pack. That way I get to choose more then one tea. Too Yummy!!

Friday (last Friday) the mail carrier beeped for me. I live up on a hill and don't have a driveway. The new mail person hasn't figured out that we share a driveway with my neighbor. Anyway…..She beeps me so I'll come the downstairs. In descending the steps there is a glow coming from the truck and my glasses start to change to their sun mode. As I get closer to the truck they get darker as the glow gets brighter. Mz Carrier says "I have a package for you but it doesn't have a return address, do you want to decline it?" Are you kidding? NO WAY! I wanna open it.
So while explaining about the SP4 she brightens and whips out her opener and we both check out the box. WOW!!

Let me say here, I may be taking on a new knitting student. Yep, Mz. Carrier has been wanting to learn and now hearing about the fun to be had she is now hooked.

What? You want to know what was in the box? It is totally wonderful. Inside is a tube of Burt's Bee Lip balm; Lindt Lindor Truffles - in my favorite DARK CHOCOLATE, three balls of this really neat cotton tape. The color of this yarn is gradual shadings from a blue/green to almost white or grey. I see a mini version of the Clapotis possibly or other lacey spring summer scarf. Very lovely. There is also two balls of a Alpaka in silver. This is wonderfully soft and each ball is 110 yards. I forsee some wrist warmers just for me!

That's not all!There is a copy of "Zen and the Art of Knitting" by Bernadette Murphy; a magnetic notepad that says "A Stitch in Time Saves Nine" (a Mary Engelbreit design) and very cute.

AND Last but certainly not least there is a beautiful bag with butterflies on it that will be just perfect for my knitting (of course.) Today is really bright outside so I'm going to go take a pictures of my goodies to share and will then post a link.

To my Secret Pal: Thank you so much. I love my gift and will think of you fondly as I read and nibble chocolate. I apologize for taking so long to thank you. This morning I did finally find an email from you only AOL had thrown it into the spam folder because it's been doing the very opposite of what it's supposed to be doing lately.

No comments: