Monday, January 15, 2007

It really makes one CRANKY!

Running out of yarn that is. The class that Marseille gave on knitting entralac was really quite good. So I used the yarn that I had purchased from JoAnn's (see previous post) to start knitting a scarf/shawl. Just like eating good potato chips, you can't stop at just one block you need to go on to the next.

The changing of the colors was great! It really looks lovely if I do say so myself. Here's a shot for ya.



You'll notice the stitch holder on the one end? That's because I've RUN OUT OF YARN!!! I really hoped that wouldn't happen, that the four balls I had would be plenty (come on folk, it was over 350 yards that I had) but alas no. Not enough. So back to JoAnn's in Annapolis I go. Nope, they still have the kits but not the right color.

I go to the JoAnn's in Warrenton, Virginia. Yep, they have the kits too. Nope, not the right color. So I bought two kits in this color:



See, I've already started another scarf/shawl. I'm looking at the colors and they could possibly swing to either being for a gentleman or lady. What do you think? Hey folks, yes this means I've started knitting for the holidays!!

This past weekend was my dad's birthday. So we drove out to help him celebrate. While out there we also went to Washington, Virginia. There are lots of lovely little shops on Main Street, including a 5-Star restaurant/hotel called The Inn at Little Washington. One of the shops we stopped at was the Geneva Welsh Gallery. She's an artist and it turns out a vendor at the MDS&W Festival. There I bought these:



They're note cards - yes, even so I blog and write email to friends and family I still write letters and notes using pen, ink, and paper. Aren't these lovely! Here's her shop. She also does really sheep. And chickens.



You can see some more of her work and read about the Artist Studio & Gallery Tour of Rappahannock County here.

Well, gotta fly! I need to get those needles a clickin cause not only did I buy the two kits from JoAnn's this past weekend but I had also purchased and received this from Laurie.



This is a whole tub full of Lion Brand Cotton-Ease. Which by the way is now back on the shelves in new colors and still just a lovely as ever! What am I planning to do with a whole tub of Cotton-Ease? Stay tuned to find out.

By the way, the next meeting of Annapolis Knits & Crochets at Borders is January 24th! Come join us!

By the way, anyone interested in a trade? I have two packets from the yarn kits that I bought from JoAnn's that has the knitting needles (circular size 10-1/2 (6.5mm) 24 inches long, crochet hook size J (6mm) And I have two of each. Contact me if you'd like to trade or know of anyone in the need.

No comments: