Monday, January 01, 2007

Amazing Thing!



I was at JoAnn's today with thee Wyldman and there was a lot of things that had been marked down being as Christmas is over. We were in search of some sort of sewing kit that he could have to sew something him self. Of course we couldn't find anything suitable for a little boy or anything that wasn't Christmas'y. We settled for some camo fleece for him to make a couple of scarves and a bear.

Myself was in search of some variegated yarn to use in a scarf project that one of my knitting groups is going to start soon. I found the perfect yarn and got a bit of a bonus and a great surprise!

See in the photo there's four skeins of 100% wool yarn; a crochet hook, a circular knitting kneedle; a little knitted flower broach with pin attached; flower sequins; matching beads; a spool of thread; with a sewing needle; pattern for a felted either knit or crocheted bag and this very cool little plastic box with Velcro closure and handle to carry it all in. This is without a doubt the most complete kit I've ever come across. The only item missing would be snips to cut the thread. And the price (are you sitting down?) was $9.00. Yes, I said nine dollars.

I think I'll go pick up more tomorrow. Here's another more complete photo.



OH Right, the bear Camo:



He did a pretty good job!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya!

I discovered that same kit, before its last price reduction. Haven't had time to play with it yet..... :)

Marseille