Thursday, January 05, 2006

Socks, Socks, Socks

and yes, more socks. Amie over at Rose By Any is seeing if as bloggers we can knit 2000 socks by the end of the year. And she's made a cute button. And yes, I'm being a joiner and will add my sock count to her ticker. Not that I knit many socks, but I've decided this year that I'm tired of cold feet and cotton socks just aren't going to work any longer. It's woolies for me all the way!

I think I'll join Lola and knit a pair of Jaywalkers to see just what all the HOOPLA is about. Cara over at January One has knit 6 pairs of these socks since October 20th. SIX!! So there must be something really good about this pattern. I've some lovely Opal and think I'll start my Jaywalkers with that.

I'm also thinking that I really loved the Branching Out pattern from Knitty. I've knit two now. My mom's birthday is just around the corner (January 29th) and would like to knit one in red for her. Then I believe I'll knit one for myself. After I finish the scarf for my dad, and my spare mittens. Oh and the shawl for the shop. And then I really should knit a top for my niece.

Good golly! What am I doing here? I need to get clickin!

Oh, someone asked what I look like. Here's a photo taken my daughter at our family Christmas Party. I'm sitting with my cousin's wife Kelley. Isn't she lovely!

Oh and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a really nice cardigan that you're wearing!