Thursday, January 19, 2006

Knitting Olympics

I love watching the Olympics. And of course I knit while watching the games well, except when things start to get close or tight. Then my knitting tends to end up on the floor but that neither here nor there.

Stephanie is starting the knitting worlds own version of Olympics by sponsoring the Knitting Olympics in which the "athlete" casts on their choosen project on the opening day and completing it by the end of the games 16 days later. There's even a button. Well, of course there's a button how can we have a knitalong with one no?

So go on over the Yarnharlot and sign up. The idea behind this knitalong is to knit something that would otherwise be a challenge for you. I'm still deciding what to knit. I'm trying to choose between a Rowan cardigan -- sorry I can't remember the name of it, and a pattern from MagKnits called Alice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to have to sit this one out, since I know I'm not going to be able to finish anything in that amount of time. And I'd like to give her a break from trying to add more people to the ever-growing list . . .