Tuesday, December 06, 2005

What? No Mittens?!

No folks, no mittens this week. Sorry. This stuff clogging my head hasn't allowed for much knitting at all. Though my very dear SIL will be celebrating her birthday this month so I do go stash diving and came up with two balls of Debbie Bliss Merino DK in a lovely plum sort of color. It was telling me it wanted to be this. So in two days it was done, so outside it goes for it's first foray out into the snow. Of course now it's sitting in a luke warm bath to be blocked. So here I present to you DB Branching Out. Sorry, it's not much to look at just yet. Take my word for it, it really is quite lovely.

This morning we woke to the first "Snow Event" of the 2005 Winter Season. I think our weather people much stay up late thinking of new ways to call storms. It may not have been a huge storm, we only got about 3-1/2 inches of snow but it was still a storm. For Sandy, I donned the Tall One's shoes and trudged out to get this of our early morning sky.


Say, have you checked out the new Knitty? No? Run, don't walk. There's many a things just begging to cast on and gifted this Holiday Season!

So go already!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Ooh, that looks lovely! I just finished a Branching Out too.