Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Almost Christmas

And what has this knitter been doing? Not that much knitting! Though I have gotten some wrapping done, the tree is up and decorated, Miss M baked the first batch of cookies last night. After reading the new Knitty I decided the Mrs Beeton's wrist warmers were too hard to resist and knit myself one.... just to try out the pattern of course. Note that I only knit one, after all there is still gift knitting to be completed!


See? Aren't they cute? I'll knit it's mate after the New Year. Unless I decide I have to have it for the New Year then if all else is done I'll knit it. This is done in Kid Seta (the yellow mohair -- most wonderful yarn to work with!, the blue is a superwash Rowan something or other that I've since lost the band for) By the way, if you need a quick gift, these are the ticket! It was completed in just over an hour..... that is once I did the necessary stash dive to find the yarn.

Also I've knit some wrist warmers for certain family members to be gifted this evening. Wanna see? Of course you do!! For those interested, I've written out the patterns for each for the asking. This is Roscoe doing his Vanna White impression. He decided the photo needed a bit of cat appeal.


These are a sage color in Catalina Alpaca silk blend. Very soft yarn and warm to boot. I've some left over, perhaps for another pair for moi?


These are a rich plum color in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino (yummy!!) There is some of this left over as well. I think for a pair for my DSIL. She suffers from cold hands too.


These are done in Elspeth Lavold Silky Wool in a bright yellow/gold color. It belongs to thee Wyldman who successfully laid a guilt trip on me once again while I was knitting a pair similar to it in deep purple. The mate to this (as it is repeated daily) will be knit after Christmas when the rest of the Holiday knitting is done. He uses the different colored beads as buttons while acting out his favorite super hero scenes.

Thee Wyldman is my Super Hero and calls himself The Green Flame.

Meow Baby!

No comments: