Friday, October 14, 2005

So much yarn so little time

So we're now carrying Kid Seta in the Shop. OMG!! This yarn is beautiful! I honestly can't put it down. For kicks I'm starting Birch by Rowan and it's in a bright yellow color. If you're lucky I'll even post a photo for you.

On the home front, I've completed one mitten for Nathan. He informed me that it's cold up at the bus stop and he needed his hands ready for writing when he got to school. Now, how can a mom not drop everything and knit her guy a pair of mitts? I used a slip stitch broken rib sort of pattern and when both are off the needles I plan to swish them around a bit in some hot water to see if I can't felt them up a bit. I'm Dalegarn's Sisik. It's a mohair blend so felting may not happen but we won't know for sure until we try!

I wrote the pattern up and will offer it to you folks out there. However be warned that it has not been test knitted so I'll be counting on you to correct me.

For now, I leave you with Roscoe. This is were he waits for me every morning. It's a overhang from the roof over the kitchen. I walk out onto the deck every morning to stretch and drink my coffee. The nasty look on his face is from the screen door slamming as the Wyldman was hot on my heels.

No comments: