Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Real knitting post!


So here it is, of course it's now much larger then when I took this photo a couple of days aga -- not that you can really see how big it is. But I'm a clapping away on my Clapotis and about finished with my 2nd skein of Silky Wool in the yellow/gold color. This pattern is easy to memorize and quite quick to knit. I'm already planning on who to give these to for the upcoming holidays. Silky Wool comes in this gorgeous shade of red that will just look fabulous on my Aunt.

On my list of future projects is this knitting bag from Berocco. It's a free pattern and really neat looking. I've been doing my math and think it would look really neat done in a few shades of a grey wool like Homespun from Bemidji Woolen Mills (we carry this at A Good Yarn) and then fulled.

I've also gotten back into doing some beaded wire knitting. It's hard on the hands but I so love the results.

Well, it's back to laundry and looking for a mate for the Praying Mantis that has been living in my deck plants this summer. I would hate for her to leave this earth with ensuring that I could look forward to her offspring next year.

Keep'em clickin!

No comments: