Thursday, February 01, 2007

SHhhhhhhh!

I'm really doing my homework.

You know that little yarn shop I told you about? I finally got to go to it last night, and it's really wonderful! This new delightful shop is called A Tangled Skein. It's in an old bank building (think thick walls, wooden floors) and is right in front of the Hyattsville Municiple Building on Baltimore Street.

They're planning on having a Sit-n-Knit every Wednesday -- everyone is invited -- and (are you sitting down??) they're keeping the register open for shopping!

I got a tour of the shop from Pat. A very knowledgeable knitter. The shop is laid out well, with easy access to all the shelves of goodies. The lighting in the evening leaves much to be desired but there is a good light at the knitting table to see some true color. They're carrying a large selection of Lamb's Pride, and a line that I've never heard of before called Ella Rae (100% wool, 219 yds, $5.00) and it's knitting up very nicely! And of course they have Noro, Debbie Bliss, and Filatura Di Crosa to name a few.
So while I don't think I'll be going every week, I do think it's worth the trip once or twice a month.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Now before I go back to my homework (gotta study, I have a test next week) here's a pic of my little guy. He's dressed to go to the BSO with his class today.



Isn't he handsome!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, he is quite handsome!

I was planning to go to Sit and Knit, but I was kinda tired and I was supposed to have the job interview the next day, so I thought I should stay home and rest. As it turns out, interview got postponed because the interviewer was home sick with a bad cold. Oh, well, there's next week . . .

Gewel said...

He looks soooo grown up! I'm very proud of him.:)