Sunday, September 10, 2006

Something different



Here are a couple of pics taken of two of Baltimore's finest. DH and I took these while shopping in Fells Point this past Friday.



And of course one cannot visit Fells Point and not stop in at A Good Yarn. Lorraine is carrying a fine line of sock yarns now. One that has really caught my eye and that I do believe once I have some free size 1 needles (or decide I can't wait and just go out and buy more) is Austermann from Skacel. It's called "Step" and is a LARGE ball (you can get a rather long pair of socks from it.) Each ball is 75% new wool, 25% nylon; 420 meters; and has aloe vera and jojoba oils in it that will last for at least 40 washings!

She's also carrying one of my favorite sock yarn Trekking XXL in lots of great colors with more on the way!

I have been knitting. Really. Tomorrow night is Annapolis Knits & Crochets at the Borders Cafe in the Annapolis Mall. I've volunteered to teach a two-color mitten class so I've been putting together notes, gathering graphs, and supplies to make this a good class. Wanna see?



What you see here (besides it being a bit blurry) is:
a book of graph paper - the blocks are two sizes!;
4 sets of spare needles;
little sock needle holders
stitch markers
colored paper
pencil
pencil sharpener
more needles (from my own collection)
bright green cotton yarn for thumb marking
bobbins and sticky notes
Folk Knitting in Estonia by Nancy Bush
Sweaters from New England Sheep Farms by
Candance Eisner Strick

Also I've knit two little mitts sans the thumbs using some the technics that I'll be helping my friends with. One of the things I'm trying to stress with this class is to be creative and design something on the mitten that you like.



So, that's it for tonite. Oh, would you like to join us? Monday night, 7:00pm - until we're thrown out; Annapolis Mall Borders Cafe. Upstairs. Wave your knitting and the people in Borders will point you in the right direction.

Get on with yer bad knitterly self!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trekking XXL? Hmm . . . any 100s there?

Looking forward to tonite!

Deborah said...

I just got my patternworks catalogue and hadn't noticed the sock yarn you mentioned - I'll take another look now.