Thursday, July 20, 2006

16+ Inches

Whoa!! Now if that title doesn't give Google a run for the money nothing will! As some people know I've just celebrated a birthday -- my 25th.....again. My mom and dad came to visit and have dinner with us; as did some other family members. My mom made a totally awesome cake. Since I can't share a piece with you here's a photo.



It's from one of the Martha Stewart Living magazines. A hazelnut torte. Those are layers of crepes - some 30 odd layers. The cream between layers is hazel nut oil with heavy cream whipped. And then topped with chocolate ganache. Truly sinful!!

The 16+ inches is what I did today.





Cut and donated to Locks of Love. The cut was done at Fantastics Sam's. It was really odd and quite a relief not to have that weight on my head. But it was pretty scary too. Let's face it, I've had it for quite a while now. But the gal did a really nice job and I can still pull it back and it doesn't take as long to wash it or dry it.



Big difference huh! The kids now want my husband to get his hair cut. It's now longer then mine. Next will be new glasses.

Knitting? Don't look for any here. Not that much going on that I can tell you about. But perhaps some news soon. Plus it's too blasted hot, hazy and humid to even think about knitting. We're thinking about swimming around here. And time spent in the River floating along with the tides.........

BTW, did you know that you can donate you empty ink cartridges from your printers to Locks of Love? Turns out that that is a main source of income for them. You can pick up pre-paid envelopes at hair salons that support LOL.

5 comments:

Gewel said...

Hey! I didn't realize you were doing the Locks of love thing. This is why you so totally rock. bg.

Anonymous said...

Hi Genia! Wow, your hair looks cute!! Just dropped in to let you know that Diana has picked up her scarf project again, and it grew a foot today. I am so proud of her! Can't wait to see you again soon. Hugs, Trish
Trish Knits.com

Dani In NC said...

Locks of Love must have a great PR campaign going because you are the 3rd or 4th person I know that is donating hair to them. Thank you for sharing the info about the ink cartridges. I can't donate hair, but I sure run through ink cartridges.

Anonymous said...

Hey Genia!
WOW what a totally cool thing for you to do!!!!!!! And the new "do" looks great!
You are now the 3rd person I know that has donated their long locks this summer!!

And the cake looks fab!

Congratulations on choosing to do both!
Love ya! ;-)

ps: Tanx for the tip on the empty ink cartidge option!

Anonymous said...

My granddaughter is getting ready for her Locks of Love cut,too. she will donate about 12" of golden blonde, young unprocessed ahir & she's only 12! We are very proud of her and all those who make this program work.