Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Meme

Gina tagged me. This one was a brain twister though I think some of these questions have popped up on other meme(s).

10 years ago: I'm the mom of 3 and living with my MIL; I was super thin (like a size 0); drank like a fish (rum, dark straight); smoked like a chimney (2 packs a day); really watched what I was wearing; was working in the male dominated world of car racing as an “executive assistant”; living in the New England state of Connecticut; and in general not that pleased with myself. But totally digging my family!

5 years ago: I became Home Base Mom for not only my kiddies (of which I now have 4) but my cousins as well. My “uniform” of choice now is jeans, flip flops, and t-shirts or sweaters as the weather permits. Am living in my dream location with the Severn River at my feet; still getting a kick outta being a mom (now with a little guy who’s 1yo); doing odd jobs and knitting to my heart’s content. In a nut shell rather happy with my life.

1 year ago: Working in a great little yarn shop in the very happening town of Fells Point, Maryland; still knitting to my heart’s content and designing bits and such for the shop. Volunteering at the school and still digging being a mom.

Yesterday: Ran the boys to swim practice; worked out graph for a new hat to be knit; washed my hair; and went out to dinner with fam and friends then to the City Dock (Annapolis) to watch a free concert by the Naval Academy Band.

Today: Running boys to swim practice and the tall one to his job; knitting new hat – see above; dosing cats for fleas (see, isn’t my life just to f*&^ing exciting!!); starting sweater for the Wyldman cause he had the nerve to grow outta all his other ones.

Tomorrow: I’m allowed to go swimming again (sinus & ear infections have kept me out) and will be doing laps in the river if I don’t get stung. More knitting and checking out patterns to make sure they read properly.

5 snacks I enjoy: Cheez-Its; dark chocolate; Italian gelato; pb&j sandwiches on killer white bread; pickled jalapeno peppers with cheddar cheese on Triskets.

5 bands/singers that I know the lyrics of MOST of their songs: The Swinging Neckbreakers; The Reducers; U2; Bonnie Raitt; Dixie Chicks; Toby Keith

Things I would do with $100,000,000: Pay off all debts; move my parents closer to me; set my kiddies up for life; invest; support the Parkinsons charity and travel.

5 locations I'd like to run away to: Alaska; Ireland; New Mexico; Spain, and Bali.

5 bad habits I have: Holding a grudge; cussing like a Marine; buying binge when angry; ignoring my housecleaning (I failed Flylady)

5 things I like doing: Mowing the lawn; knitting; gardening; swimming; visiting friends.

5 things I would never wear: a thong (though I am guilty of knitting one); a string bikini (again guilty of knitting one); flowered pants; big floppy hats; poncho.

5 TV shows I like: CSI; CSI Miami; Antique Road Show; anything National Geographic; Red Green Show.

5 movies I like: This is a really hard one! Only 5?! All Harry Potter; Holes; Creature from the Black Lagoon; Moulin Rouge; Snow White and the 7 Dwarves.

5 famous people I'd like to meet: Steven Speilberg; Nicky Epstein; Stephanie Pearl-McPhee; Ella Fitzgerald (I know this one isn’t possible but neither is Steven Speilberg). I know it’s only 4, I’ll think about this one.

5 biggest joys at the moment: My kiddies and family; living on the Severn; knitting. What more could a grrl want? 5 favorite toys: My digital camera and ball winder – hey, I’m a simple kinda grrl.

I'm tagging Lola and the Wry Punster and my SP5.

2 comments:

Gewel said...

Teehee! Ididn't know if you'd seen this or not, and it only just occurred to me to ask. rofl. Cool answers!

Lola said...

Hmm . . . thanks for tagging me! I'll have to think about what I did during these time periods . . .