Monday, October 09, 2006

Well, we could just meet at

Barnes & Noble! LOL!!

The Borders Cafe in the Annapolis Mall is "revamping" the cafe. It's being taken over by Seattle's Best. hmmmmmm, I wonder if this means the coffee will be better? Anyway, when I asked where they would be able to put "Annapolis Knit & Crochet Group" they said "Well, what about out in the Mall?" and I said "What about just moving to Barnes & Noble." There will be chairs set up for us over by the Childrens' DVDs and exercise books/videos. Same time, second Monday errr tonight at 7:00pm. Hope to see you there.

Anyway, I've got some knitting to show you. A neighbor has a niece due sometime this month as asked me to knit a sweater for the wee one. Something not too cutesy, or gender specfic and not newborn sized. So out came my favorite book Beth Brown Reinsel's Knitting Ganseys. Done in Cestari cotton/wool blend 3 Ply DK lightweight in green heather. Not bad to work with. Took just about 2 skeins. I think I have enough to knit up a quick hat to match.



The mittens are on the other blog now. Here's a preview, it needs a thumb.



I'll have more stuff later. Right now, I need to write a note to go with the sweater and get started on the hat.



Sorry, Guji is basking in the last of the Autumn sun and refuses to pose today.

2 comments:

Gewel said...

Guji! Well, he can't be expected to conform to your schedule. ;) But tell him we need a new pic, soon.

Deborah said...

a friend of mine here in Jersey just sent me this picture. Check it out. Your mittens must be in the picture!

http://www.rigasummit.lv/en/?id=newsin&nid=115