Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Maryland Sheep & Wool

I was so close to finishing up a pretty good post when BAMMO the blasted computer shut me down and everything was lost. Man, I hate when that happens! Makes it really difficult to write it all again. Especially when you got all those links included in the post.

So, here goes again. This time I’m using Microsoft Word to type this sucker out first and saving it as I go along. I’ll teach this computer to quit on me!

So first the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival. Yes, I was there on Sunday with the grrls in tow. We met up to shop with Alana and her son, Logan; Kim and Michelle. Alana and Kim are virgin Festies and also rather pregnant which gave our shopping experience a slow easy pace. Logan (a feisty 3 yo) adores Myla and has now also taken a bit of shine to CJ so they were a HUGE help with him while his mommy got her fiber desires filled. And then I got to rock him to sleep (my own specialty!) I stood firm on my intention not to go over board buying yarn this year and I actually didn't! I bought just one skein of yarn from Kiparoo Farms called "got dots?" that still has a bit of lanolin in it and will make a lovely pair of mittens. I also picked up my annual bag of Moth Beware from Simpler Thyme. I just love this mixture of goodies and won’t even think of putting away the winter woolies without it. Cj picked up on some wonderful soaps for her mom there for Mother's Day. Smart grrl!

Sorry that Annie from Kiparoo Farms doesn't have a website yet. But you can catch them on the Countyside Artisans Studio Tour. This tour happens three times a year and is great fun! Also she and Dallas of Dancing Leaf Farm host a Fiber Weekend and a couple of picnics every year. Much fibery goodness to be had by all!

We did get to have a blast at Wool in the Woods. Anita (owner of W/W) suggested filling the Shop’s order while we were there to save on shipping costs - invoice to be mailed later. So we called the Shop, and Lorraine talked with Anita and said that Lorraine wanted 40 colored skeins of Feelin’ Fuzzy (kid mohair), the entire lot of natural kid mohair and some other bunch of yarn. So I did a happy dance (as seen done by the Bald Guy of 6 Flags fame) and dug in! The big fun came later when we were carrying the yarn away in a LARGE clear plastic bag and got lots of envious looks from other knitters. LOL

If you’ve never used any of Wool in the Woods yarns run, don’t walk to your favorite yarn shop and pick up a skein or two or three and give it a try. Not only are the colorways beautiful, but the yarns just work for everything. My own DH gave us a pretty drop jaw of shock when we walked in the house with the bag. I didn't have my digital with me (left it at work) but have a little something or other camera that we paid a whole buck for. Cross your needles that the photos come out okay for us.

So now on to Myla’s birthday! I still can’t believe our little girl is going to be 16 years old. And yes, she’s still horse crazy! And in case you were wondering, the phone rings often with wannabees for our Myla.

No comments: