Friday, March 25, 2005

In Like a Lion out Like a Lamb

Ever wonder who comes up with these little sayings that seem to be passed around from generation to generation? My folks had a neighbor who has since passed but was full of the most wonderful little tidbits (like never hang a salted ham to cure on a crescent moon). He was an elderly gentleman, called himself a Gentleman Farmer. That's someone who's retired but still works because if he didn't do it, it didn't get done. And he loved his garden which in turn was beautiful.

But back to his sayings. Mr. Reilly seemed to have a quip for every eventually and funny thing is as odd as some of them sounded they were true. One that I watch for every year is "If we have a green Christmas, then we'll have a white snow." I don't know that we'll have snow here, but I'm pretty sure we'll have the rain to make up for it! I'm afraid if we get snow, my daffodils won't bloom and I expect lots of blooms on Easter.

Lots happening in the knitting department of late. I've just about completed the third of the Flower Basket Shawls. This one is done using Cruz from Wool in the Woods in the color Bashful. Not the easiest yarn to use as I have to keep an eye on it when knitting. And even so I'm using bamboo kneedles, it still manages to slip off if I let down my guard. But the shawl is quite lovely and I can't wait to see it blocking. I've also completed two little cotton hats to be sent to Daisy Fields in Baltimore. And the sweater for the Princess Hurricane is close to completion.

Anyone have any idea of what's going on with Lion Brand? Seems some of their yarns have been coming off the shelves not to be replenished. Like Cotton-Ease and Woolese. These have always been good basic yarns especially for kiddie stuff and I would really hate to see them removed.

So, for now to all who celebrate -- Happy Easter!

No comments: