Sorry, I'm working on the photo department of my brain. It's just not wrapping itself around the program enough to enable me to post any photos. So my totally adorable photos of DC Zoo's panda sleeping in a tree; a majestic tiger taking a swim; the Bald eagle couple posing; and a rather comical photo of Miss Bonnie O crossing the "O Line" will have to wait. BTW, Miss Bonnie is an orangutan and the O Line is a series of heavy wire running across part of the Zoo which allows the orangutan to cross above the crowds.
June 2 Finally got it figured out!! FINALLY!! This is a photo of Miss Bonnie making her crossing. Pretty neat huh!
But I did come across an intresting meme to pass on to the rest of you. I got it from Brooke at Drunken Monkey Knits who got it from Cara at January One. First you go to Wikipedia.com and look up your birthday without the year. This is a really cool site! Easy to get lost here! Great for kids needing to write papers but don't know what to write about.
Anyway, I digress.....
Look up your birthday on Wikipedia then:
- post three interesting events
- three people who were born on that day
- three people who died on that day
- 1661 - The first banknotes in Europe are issued by the Bank of Stockholm.
- 1782 - First performance of Mozart's opera The Abduction from the Seraglio.
- 1790 - The signing of the Residence Bill establishes a site along the Potomac River as the District of Columbia (seat of government).
- 1880 - Dr. Emily Howard Stowe becomes the first woman licenced to practice medicine in Canada. (okay, I know this makes 4, but I thought it was rather interesting!)
- 1821 - Mary Baker Eddy, American religious leader (d. 1910)
- 1889 - Shoeless Joe Jackson, American baseball player (d. 1951)
- 1967 - Christopher Rocancourt, French impostor and con artist (now there's a story!!)
- 1968 - Larry Sanger, American co-founder of Wikipedia
- 1882 - Mary Todd Lincoln, First Lady of the United States (b. 1818)
- 1996 - John Panozzo, Drummer of STYX (b. 1948)
- 1999 - John F. Kennedy Jr., his wife Carolyn Bessette Kennedy, and sister-in-law Lauren Bessette are killed in a plane crash off the coast of Martha's Vineyard. The Piper Saratoga aircraft was piloted by Kennedy Jr.
Okay, it's your turn now. Go try it.
I've noticed that since I'm not working I've had the WORST case of startitis. And we're talking really really bad case of this. And of course nothing is getting completed. But there is lots of stuff on the needles. I have a lovely sweater of unknown yarn in a pretty mint color that I've been working on for the Hurricane Princess. It's from a Debbie Bliss book but can't remember the name of it at the moment, it's a kimono style knit mainly in one piece from back to front (increases make up the sleeves) then a ribbed collar that is picked up and knit. I've also got two cotton spring/summer type tops on the needles but they're screaming at me that I'm not doing them right. Things that scream at me get put in "time out" so there they sit.
More again soon! Back to the kneedles.