My favorite yarn shop (A Good Yarn) is having Maggie Sefton, author of Knit One, Kill Two for a meet-n-greet on September 24th. Turns out that Maggie -- if I may be so brazen to use her first name -- is really a knitter and loves joining in on SnB's. Somehow she found out about our little Coffee Group that meets every Saturday and is coming to join in on the coffee, chatter, and yarning in general.
Wanna come too? Email me and I'll send you all the information.
Thursday, August 25, 2005
Wednesday, August 24, 2005
So here it is, of course it's now much larger then when I took this photo a couple of days aga -- not that you can really see how big it is. But I'm a clapping away on my Clapotis and about finished with my 2nd skein of Silky Wool in the yellow/gold color. This pattern is easy to memorize and quite quick to knit. I'm already planning on who to give these to for the upcoming holidays. Silky Wool comes in this gorgeous shade of red that will just look fabulous on my Aunt.
On my list of future projects is this knitting bag from Berocco. It's a free pattern and really neat looking. I've been doing my math and think it would look really neat done in a few shades of a grey wool like Homespun from Bemidji Woolen Mills (we carry this at A Good Yarn) and then fulled.
I've also gotten back into doing some beaded wire knitting. It's hard on the hands but I so love the results.
Well, it's back to laundry and looking for a mate for the Praying Mantis that has been living in my deck plants this summer. I would hate for her to leave this earth with ensuring that I could look forward to her offspring next year.
Sunday, August 14, 2005
You know they say a person can't have too many friends. I happen to agree and the ones I do have I hold most dearly! This incredibly beautiful shawl was given to me to by our own Wry Punster -- yes folks she's back from her Arabic adventures in Egypt. And may I add safely!
In knitterly knews, I've started a Clapotis from Knitty. I'm using Silky Wool and am quite pleased with the results so far. Once I've gotten some length on it (like tomorrow) I'll give ya'll a photo. Prove to you that I really do knit!
For now I'm off. Cause it's hot and humid and too muggy to be anywhere near the heat producing machine!
Wednesday, August 10, 2005
First, here's a pic of Felix. He napped on the bed last night (after a rather stern warning not to touch the winder or my feet) with some of the Wyldman's toys. In fact he actually pulled closer to him for a bit of a cuddle. Too cute!
Ginx tagged me. I love getting tagged, can't explain it. I guess its the not having to think up a post deal that sorta goes hand in hand with memes.
5 CDs in your Player:
1. Dance into the Light -- Phil Collins
2. The Dana Owens Album -- Queen Latifah (totally awesome tunes!! she's amazing)
3. Sugar Ray -- Sugar Ray (cause something gotta get ya moving!!)
4. Get Right with the Man -- Van Zant
5. The Joshua Tree -- U2
5 Movies You've watched Recently:
1. Les Miserables In Concert
2. Monsters Inc. (luv those birds!!)
3. Toy Soldiers
4. Blue Angels - Around the World at the Speed of Sound (this was actually pretty cool!)
5. Destroy All Planets (betcha haven't thought of this one in quite a while!!)
5 Nice Things That Happened To You Lately
1. Got a compliment from The Tall One
2. Found out one of my patterns is being used in teaching a class at the Shop
3. Lorraine bought me lunch
4. Got a hug from the Wyldman without having to tickle him
5. Found a knitalong of one of my patterns (check out the Pinwheel Gallery)
5 MP3s on your playlist -- well, I don't have one of these. But I can give you the next 5 CD's queued up for play:
1. Mojo Box -- Southern Culture on the Skids (also called SCOTS)
2. Golden Road -- Keith Urban
3. Videos -- French Kick
4. Sacred Love -- Sting (he makes me go OOOHHHHHH)
5. Anthology -- The B52's (cause ain't nothin' more fun!!)
5 Friends You're Passing This To: -- ummmm I don't think there are 5 people who read this blog.....
1. Dani -- causes she's really cool and I love her insight
2. The Punster -- and she better update soon or else!!!
3. The other Michelle -- cause she's totally freaked out and needs a distraction (I'm gonna miss her when she moves)
4. -- Okay, I can count just fine! I can't think of who else to add to the list.
Yes, I am a knitter. Yes, I spend more then 5 hours a day knitting. Yes, I do knit while walking around the neighborhood with the Wyldman. Yes, I've always got a knitting project of some sort with me at all times. Yes, I do dream in brightly dyed wools, fine kid mohair, and silky soft cashmere.
No, I'm not going to tell you what I'm currently knitting. But I will tell you that one is really cute and quite yummy to hold and the other is not only going to be a gift but I will share with you all the pattern when it's completed.
Nuff said. Keep'em clickin'!!